23rd November 2014

Visa information

Since December 21, 2007, Poland is part of the Schengen Area, a zone without controls on internal borders which comprises of 28 countries. Third-country nationals may enter Poland if they are in possession of a valid travel document and a visa (if required).

List of countries whose nationals may enter Poland without a visa

Third-country nationals are allowed to enter Poland and stay there if they are in the possession of one of the following documents:
  • Uniform short-stay Schengen visa (C)
  •  Polish long-stay national visa (D)
  •  Polish residence permit
  •  Residence permit or national long-stay visa issued by another Schengen state.
The validity of the Polish long-stay national visa (D) does not exceed one year.
The requirements for third-country nationals entering the Schengen Area are governed by the Community Code on Visas.
To enter the territory of a Schengen State, third-country nationals must be in possession of a valid travel document and a visa (if required). They must also meet the following requirements:
  • They must justify the purpose and conditions of the intended stay and prove that they have sufficient means of subsistence, both for the period of the intended stay and for the return to their country of origin or transit to a third State into which they are certain to be admitted, or are in a position to acquire such means lawfully;
  • No alert for the purposes of refusing entry must have been issued for them;
  •  They must not be considered a threat to public policy, national security or the international relations of any of the Schengen states.
After undergoing border control, it is possible to move freely within the Schengen Area. Schengen States issue the following types of uniform visas which entitle the holder to enter and stay in the Schengen territory:
  • Airport transit visa (A) – valid only for airport transit; does not entitle the holder to leave the airport transit zone,
  • Short-stay visa (C) – valid for stays of no more than 90 days within a period of 180 days from the date of first entry

Apart from uniform visas, Schengen states issue national long-stay visas (D) and residence permits.

Holders of residence permits and national long-stay visas (D) issued by one of the Schengen states are allowed to travel within the Schengen Area during a maximum of three months within a six month period.

Read more her   www.schengenvisainfo.com